The Philippine Economic Society recently elected new members of its Board of Trustees, including Tristan A. Canare, Bank Officer V from the International Surveillance Group of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP).
Canare holds B.S., M.A., and Ph.D. degrees in Economics and has more than 15 years of experience in economic and development research, applied cross section and panel data econometrics, data and policy analysis, management, and teaching.
The new trustees-elect who will serve for a two-year term starting January 2024 also include:
– Catherine Roween C. Almaden, Northern Bukidnon State College
– Roehlano M. Briones, Philippine Institute for Development Studies
– Tristan A. Canare, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas
– Laarni C. Escresa, University of the Philippines School of Economics
– Alice Joan G. Ferrer, University of the Philippines Visayas
– Marites M. Tiongco, De La Salle University
They will join seven other continuing members of the Board of Trustees.
Other nominees included Union Bank of the Philippines Chief Economist Carlo O. Asuncion, Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation Chief Economist Michael Ricafort, and University of Makati’s OIC President and Vice President For Academic Affairs Elyxzur C. Ramos.